Star Trek: Nightfall
The History Of The Future
Major Events in the Star Trek Universe
- Around 4 Billion Years Ago – an unknown humanoid race of ‘engineers’ seeds many planets in the galaxy with DNA material that leads to bipedal humanoid races being the most dominant form of life in the galaxy (widely believed conjecture).
- 4th Century BCE – Surak of Vulcan is born.
- 1992 – the Eugenics Wars on earth begin and do not end until the defeat of Khan Noonian Singh (who left earth in a sleeper ship with fellow genetically engineered supermen) in 1996
- 2032 – Zephram Cochrane is born. He would be the first human to discover the Warp Drive and break the light speed barrier.
- 2053 – World War 3 leaves Earth devastated but ultimately with more power in the hands of scientists and reformers.
- 2063 – The Phoenix makes a test Warp flight in the solar system with Zephram Cochrane flying the mission. This is noticed by a patrolling Vulcan vessel who investigate and ultimately land on earth, becoming Earth’s official first contact with an alien race. This causes an explosion of investment into space technology and the benefits of this see Earth begin to recover from the nuclear wars by 2079, aided by contact and exchange with other species.
- 2103 – Earth permanently colonises Mars.
- 2156-2160 – The Earth-Romulan War is fought between the United Earth and it’s Allies and the Romulan Star Empire. Most of the fighting occurs without the other side seeing each other. The end of the war sees the Romulan Neutral Zone established.
- 2161 – On the back of the war the United Federation of Plants is founded by Earth, Vulcan, Tellar and Andoria.
- 2245-2250 The Constitution Class USS Enterprise NCC-1701 is launched under the command of Captain Robert April and begins its first 5 year mission.
- 2265 The USS Enterprise NCC-1701 begins a five year exploration mission under the legendary Captain James T Kirk.
- 2293 This year marked the ending of hostilities between the United Federation of Planets and the Klingon Empire, despite an attempted thwarting by conspiracy to disrupt the peace negotiations at Camp Khitomer. Additionally, the crew of the USS Enterprise-A were retired following the signing of the Khitomer Accords, along with the Enterprise-A herself. Captain James T. Kirk was killed in this year during the maiden voyage of the USS Enterprise-B rescuing a civilian ship from a strange energy phenomena.